Labels

video (16)

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

MY LITTLE DANCING QUEEN

Maggie started taking dance lessons at The Academy of Ballet and Jazz. That was part of her Christmas present from Uncle Danny, Aunt Anita, Robby and Veronica. Maggie was so excited. The day we went to the studio to get her leotard, we had to put her pj's over it for dinner because she wouldn't take it off. Brett, Maggie, Mac, and I all arrived early for her first class. She stood in the door watching for the other girls to arrive. When she would see someone, she would start jumping and yelling, "here comes my new friends!" The first lesson was actually a trial run. She is the only two year old in a class with three and four year olds. Miss Tessa was very impressed with Maggie's ability to follow instructions. She said that Maggie did that better than many of the older girls. The class is a combination of tap, ballet, jazz, creative movement, and tumbling. I have to say, she looks absolutely precious doing all of those things. If anyone is interested in attending, her recital is May 16th at 11:00. In case you didn't know, I am also taking dance. I am taking an adult hip hop class. It is such a workout and so much fun! My recital is at 7:00 on that same day. (picture date 1/26/09)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ms. Tessa is my tap teacher too!