Labels

video (16)

Friday, February 4, 2011

A NEW NAME

I finally changed the title of the ole blog. Maggie, Mac, and Mary's Blog was quite a mouthful. It started out in 2007 as Maggie's Blog. Then, in '08, Maggie and Mac's Blog, then of course, Mary was added to the title in '10. So now, Shewmake Shenanigans it is! That's what our lives are anyway, a whole heap of shenanigans. Seriously, you should be a fly on the wall in this house. Oh, the things you would witness. Your eyes would burn and face would blush. But, you know what? I think it's awesome and love it that way. Really, Brett Paul is THE funniest person I know and has the amazing ability to ease any situation. I think it's so important for your kids to grow up in a loving, Christ-centered home but that does not require humor and silliness to go out the window. Kids need that. We need that. Now, it's not always a barrel of laughs when kids are sick, screaming, etc. but in the midst of all that, we still manage to catch each others eye and make some sort of joke. For Brett, that may mean just whipping a body part out. Or two...or three. Absolutely no modesty around here. Some may think we're inappropriate but you know what...we have a very happy home, a comfortable home and have a blast with and really love each other and each other's company. That reminds me. Last night, I was joking with Mag and asked her to change Mac's diaper for me. (nope not potty training yet. he freaks out if you put him on the toilet and I hate those little potty seats, think they're gross & our bathrooms are too tiny anyway) She jumped up and said, "yes!" So, she grabs a diaper, takes off Mac's pants and diaper and that's when Mac takes off. You may be waiting for a "pee on the carpet" moment but there wasn't one. Mac is running/giggling all through the house. Mary is trying her best to catch up with them, and Mag is trying her best to put a diaper on a moving target. BTW, Mac absolutely looks like a malnourished spider monkey when naked.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely had to LOL! at the visual of Mac looking like a Spider Monkey, naked, with sweet Maggie trying to catch him for that diaper change, and of course, Mary running with them! You painted quite a picture in my mind!
I would have to pull a "lalalalalalalalalal" on the visual of Brett, however! Trying hard to see that-- ARM! Ha!
Family is suppose to be fun, and I'd say you have it!

mary kathryn @ mathews family happenings said...

Love it! I think I'm going to change my blog name soon too. Can't decide on what though...

Megan said...

Sounds like the Petersen house minus one kid. LOL Oh and I like the new name!!