Labels

video (16)

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

THIS TIME...IT STUCK!



Well, after more "snow" talk than I can remember, it finally snuck up and surprised us. We've had several dustings this winter but this one beat them all. No one was even talking about running out to get milk and bread. I've never understood that one. I told Brett this afternoon, sooner or later, it's gonna happen. Maggie was beside herself when the yard began to turn white. She stood in the doorway just holding her little cheeks. "I can't believe it. I just can't believe it." Later, she told me, "When you get excited, you grab hands and jump around in a circle! Come on!" Since it didn't get going good until past bedtime, Brett went out to build her a snowman so she can be surprised in the morning. Such a good daddy. I got a big giggle when he ran in the house to get a carrot. I particularly like the Titleist hat but those pvc glue caps make freaky looking eyes. Downside though, school will be canceled tomorrow. Maggie is going to spit fire when she realizes that means no Valentine's day party. Don't fret, they have another one Friday but that won't console her much in the morning.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

cute snowman. It might seem funny of how people run out and supply on milk and bread and how the whole state of Alabama closes down for the snow but there's not much difference between Alabama and Pennsylvania. While the state doesn't slow down up here (much), people who are used to the snow up here go crazy and rush to the store to supply on food. I don't blame them, I don't want to go out in it either if a big snow storm hit.