Labels

video (16)

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

CHRISTMAS 2009

Well, this Christmas season was jammed packed. We had such a wonderful time! Brett was on vacation the week before Christmas so we were able to do tons of family activities. We looked at lights so many times that we would get in the car and Mag would say, "I don't want to see any more lights!"
The Santa issue. Wow. We went to see him in the mall and he was indeed a little creepy. He scared the snot out of her. She did not want him coming to her house. She said, "Call Santa and tell him to send Mrs. Claus but tell her to not wear her earringS because I don't like them." Later, she said, "I don't want Santa, Mrs. Claus, or Rudolph coming at all." On December 23rd, "Santa" called. I answered the phone and told her it was him. She said, "Tell him that I have plenty of presents and don't even come next year."
On December 22nd, the Jimmy Hale Mission commercial came on t.v. Maggie asked what it was about and I tried to explain that some people do not have a house to live in or enough food to eat. I had no idea it would effect her the way it did. She started sobbing, tears rolling down her little face. "I don't want that man to be sad!" It took a good 30 minutes to calm her down. By that point, she just wanted her daddy to come home and help that man. A week later, we stopped to give a homeless man some food. Maggie asked what we were doing and then remembered, "That man is like the sad man on the commercial."

No comments: