Labels

video (16)

Monday, June 27, 2011

HARRISON IS 16!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE MY BABY IS 16!  Okay, so technically, he's my nephew, but he is my baby.  Yes, I have three of my own but they haven't been around nearly as long as my Harry-Bear.  This really makes me feel old.  I remember eating lunch at the old Wright's Bakery in Northport (remember those chocolate drop cookies they had?) with daddy and Danny while DeJuana was getting things started, so to speak.  From the moment I saw that little booger, he had me wrapped.  Harrison, sorry if this is too sappy.  You only turn 16 once.  I'll probably do this a time or two more in your life: graduation, turning 21, etc.  You'll just have to deal.  I enjoyed taking a stroll down memory lane while going through old pics. 

So, take a gander at just a snip-it of the past 16 years with this very interesting fella.


Happy Birthday To...
the baby boy that would demand you pull the car over to let his imaginary dinosaur, "Sharptooth" catch up with you.


Happy Birthday To...
the toddler who loved going to "Baby Jesus" (Chuck E. Cheese's) when living in "Talla-paci."

Happy Birthday To...
my playmate that I gave chicken pox to when I was in the twelfth grade and we spent days playing games so we wouldn't spread it to newly born Hayden.

Happy Birthday To...
the sweet little guy that came to tons of my Bach To Rock shows but thought the Italian lyrics that I sang, "Boca, Boca, Bella" were "Poka, poka belly."


Happy Birthday To...
the weirdo that loved "pink hamburgers" (ketchup only) but would FREAK if you cut it in half.


Happy Birthday To...
the precious preschooler who wanted to be a flower delivery man when he grew up because they made people happy.

Happy Birthday To...
the teeballer who after hitting a triple said, "I was running so fast that I ran out of air in both my lungs!"

Happy Birthday To...
the poor child who wanted to move North to avoid kudzu because it was "the vine that ate the South."

Happy Birthday To...
the nerd that I had to pay a dollar to untuck his white t-shirt from his bathing suit.

Happy Birthday To...
the goofball who while others were playing the piano, singing, etc., in the Target talent show, he did the "worm."

Happy Birthday To...
the dancing machine that swore he wouldn't dance a lick at our reception but threw down from the moment the first song was played.  He wanted it to be a surprise.

Happy Birthday To...
the geek that wanted to pull a backpack on wheels to his first day of junior high.  Uncle Brett assured him he would be shoved in a locker.

Happy Birthday To...
the tightwad who saved enough money to purchase his own Daniel Moore print of Prothro's Catch and even got a deal because the seller thought he was a special needs child.

Happy Birthday To...
the preteen that wanted to move so badly that he posted a "for sale" sign in his yard while his parents were at work.

Happy Birthday To...
the grandson that hasn't missed ringing in the New Year with his grandmother even if it means a phone call to her saying he'll be there around midnight.

Happy Birthday To...
the dork that decided that while I was prego with Mac, we should call him Woodstock since we called Mag Snoopy.  However, he mispoke the word to Brett and caused quite a stir in the front of the sanctuary.

Happy Birthday To...
the turd who has almost as few manners on the phone as his dad.

Happy Birthday To...
the brain that tested genius at age seven and has already scored a 30 on his ACT yet can't walk from one room to the next without asking what he went there for.

Happy Birthday To...
the friend who skipped school during my labors and hung out all day in the delivery room with us, with the exception of the actual event.  The nurses were astonished at how comfortable he was with all the "labor" talk.




















Happy Birthday To...
the man who cares deeply for his family, friends, and has such a love for God.  I'm very proud of you, Harrison.  But, I'll always dominate in "ball in the hall."

HAPPY 16TH B'DAY, HARRY-BEAR!!






3 comments:

mary kathryn @ mathews family happenings said...

not gonna lie. That made me teary...

Nick, April and Aidan said...

Love this. So funny! And... you remember more about your nephew than I think I remember about my own child... I should write more stuff down!

MELANIE said...

MK, he got a car & a girlfriend in one week. I've been teary more than a few times. April, I was 15 when he was born & he was my world. I only remember my kids' comments because I blog them. :)