Labels

video (16)

Monday, July 4, 2011

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE 4 DAY WEEKENDS!



We try to make a little something for a few friends and fam for holidays.  Mag is busying away.
 
It helps your concentration when you stick your tongue out.




Tada!  A pretty little Independence day bookmark.



The cute little boxes filled with candy and the bookmarks.  I found those neat black/white vintage flags on a free clipart website.  Magpie signed her, Mac, and Mary's name inside.  She's gotten quite good at that, handwriting and spelling.


Remember when I mentioned these the other day?  Well, Brett found us some and surprised me with them.  Delish!  Celebrations has them.  I warn you though, they crumble badly so you may not want to give them to your kids in the living room.  However, the kids did eat most of the crumbs off the floor.

Cute pic of Harrison & Hayden that I stole borrowed from DeJuana's FB page.


And another.

Saturday, Mag and I went to sweet Korinna's birthday party.  It was a super cute candy buffet.  Can't help but think of Pheobe when I say that word.  I neglected to get any pics of all the girls though.  Poo.


Mary Brooke WILL NOT keep a bow in her hair so for the first time, I stuck a tiny ponytail holder in there.  The way her bangs fall straight down, her wild eyes, and crazy personality, Brett says she looks like a feral cat.  Trying to tame her a bit.  :)



Probably not gonna be successful with that but at least she'll look a tad more kept.
 

Saturday night was Harrison's b'day bash at Fernando's.  It was an intimate gathering of about 60 or so.  In case you missed it, he's SIXTEEN!
 

No, nobody took a big bite.  It's a Pacman cake.  Hayden and Olivia made it in honor of Harrison "Pacman" Turner.  I believe that began when he started playing football for Riverside.  He was small back then.  Ummm, not so much now.  Anyway, Pacman was born because, "He's little but can gobble up his opponents."


They did a fantastic job.

In honor of Sharptooth.  May his spirit live on forever.  No clue what I'm talking about?  Catch up here.

That's one proud Grandpaw there.


And Grandmother.


Oh, alright.  And aunt.





Mac's favorite little yellow car at the moment which is actually a flash drive. 


Harrison and Haley


Open Door Baptist has a really neat "ride."  After church, several hopped on and Mr. Lanny took them for a spin.  That's Sarah Kate, Mag, Sawyer, Leila, Mac, and MB.  In case you don't know, ABC is still meeting at ODBC.  One day, I'll get around to writing about the tornado.


Centered that ponytail a tad too much and made her look like a unicorn.




I guess Brett was feeling creative.  I awoke to find this.  That or he was delirious after the night we had.  The kids all got in bed late.  Of course, Mag hopped in ours and Mac just wanted in the "brown bed."  (Our comforter is brown.)  Well, we were flopping all around trying to get situated.  Brett said he only had one and a half butt cheeks hanging on the mattress so he moved to the other side.  We thought Macman was o.u.t.  Apparently not.  As soon as Brett got settled, Mac scooted backwards, sat straight up on Brett's face, and loudly said, "Look at me, guys!"  Well, obviously Mag had to do it too so the giggles started.  Yeah, it was around 1 am when everyone settled down.  Mary didn't let that be it though.  She screamed like a banshee about 3 or 4 times during the night.  No wonder we never have any energy.  Oh, a couple of MB stories.  1) Brett walked down the hall one morning and heard his car alarm going off.  MB was sitting on the kitchen table, hitting the panic button, and putting his sunglasses on.  2)  Again, Brett walked in to find her on the kitchen table munching on leftover pizza that she dug out of the box from the night before.  Homegirl is a trip!
 

Monday, we delivered the little goody boxes that Mag made.  One stop was to J.B. Davis'.  He was ready for us.  I was tickled pink when he had these items out to give us.  Those were Mrs. Gladys' dolls which she made the dresses for.  He let my girls pick which ones they wanted and the big one was for me.  Of course, Mag chose that one but she'll have to share.  That little ceramic frog was for Mac which is perfect.  He has a frog painting in his room.  The book of poetry was one given to Mrs. Gladys in 1965 and he said that she read it often.  I'll definitely treasure these items. 


We had taken our weekly grocery trip Sunday afternoon after ALL five of us had a 2 1/2 hour nap.  It rarely ever works like that but boy did we need it.  Well, last night, Brett decided to whip up a little something.  Oh. My. Gracious.  I was good.  Grilled chicken (which he butterflied, sounds fancy), loaded mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus.  And I made that corn salad thing again, chopped up the mozzarella in that little white bowl, made pear salad, and sliced some home grown tomatoes that I got from the little fruit stand on 82.  BTW, I walked there from the Malibu.  I was late for my appt, Friday, so Brett dropped me off.  When I was done,  Mary had gone down for her nap so I told Brett I'd walk.  I got to the fruit stand, bought some maters and strawberry jam then called him to come get me.  I wasn't crazy about crossing the highway.  Not as adventurous as I thought.  ;)  Oh, and for desert after this huge meal, apple pie.  No, he didn't make this one but he did use an egg wash on top to make it nice and brown.  After dinner, we took Mag to watch the fireworks.  We parked on our side of the river, curled up in the back of my car and had a perfect view.  They were gorgeous.
Wonderful 4 day weekend.  Wish we could have those more often!