Labels

video (16)

Thursday, June 16, 2011

DRAWING A BLANK FOR A TITLE


 This summer, I've cut back to three day work weeks.  So, I'm now off on Wednesdays and Fridays.  Yesterday, we had no where to be.  It was lovely.  My car was being repaired (couldn't drive to get anything) so Brett brought us Chongwah, we played in the kiddie pool, sprinkler, & relaxed.  It was lovely.  I cracked up, once again, at Brett having a fit about the little boys riding up as soon as Mag came out.  The mom of one, my neighbor, called last night because Connor wanted to play with Mag again.  I opened the garage door & bam.  There he was.  Sweet boy had been standing right outside waiting for her to come back out.  My car, btw, was $380!  I HATE spending money on car repairs!  Do you know how many diapers you can by with $380?!  Then, to top it off, Brett gets in it this morning & my front air is out!  I guess as long as the kids are cool with the rear air, I can sweat off a few pounds in the front.  Ugh.


Usually in the winter, we pull up our Vinca beds and they come back on there own every Spring.  We've been doing that for about 7 years now.   Those things are amazing.  However, this year, we thought they were gone for good.  I hoed both beds & we replanted about 20 or so Vincas.  This was two weeks ago.  Look at all those baby Vincas that decided to reappear.

This was yesterday.  Hundreds of those little boogers coming back.  I weeded that for nearly two hours yesterday.  While taking a break, I pulled Maggie in the wagon through the sprinkler.  I pulled Mac through once to see if by some chance he'd like it.  He didn't.  I asked, "Do you want out?"  He answered, "I have to!  It's in my story!"  SuperWhy anyone?  He's so flippin' funny.

Can't find a pic from last year but this is two years ago.  We had to trim them weekly to keep them from covering the entire sidewalk.

If you didn't read on fb, Brett had another "Brett" moment yesterday.  He's a pacer.  He has to pace when he walks.  So, he's pacing away downtown on Greensboro Ave while on the phone with a customer.  He's a lengthy talker.  He has to get every detail precise.  He says that way everyone will always know that when he says something, it's the absolute truth with no frills or embellishments.  Very good quality but drives me nuts at time.  That's why you often here me says, "Long story short.  Long story short."  Well, after 10-20 minutes, another customer, Big Daddy's Cafe, comes out and asked if he's headed home.  When Brett says, yes, Hanny says, "Good because you have a big hole in your pants."  Big hole??  I'll say.

Mary hopped up and helped herself to quite a few handfuls of Maggie's lo mein.  She was all over the place yesterday.  She climbed up and drummed with my candlesticks on the end table and broke one.  Mag was not happy about that and said she'd get a new one for daddy's Father's Day present.  I'm sure he'll be super excited about that.  This morning, the living room lights were flashing.  I found Mary on another table having a great time with the switch.  The cutest view though was three naked bootys in the baby pool yesterday.  :)

Double fistin' it.

Brett's bea-u-ti-ful homemade turtle cheesecake.  He made this to take to dinner at his boss' house.  Get a load of this.  Brett made an error at work.  Ordered the wrong steak for someone, yada...yada.  It happens.  Anyway, he was out a great some of money to the tune of $600.  Well, several were bought from him which was fantastic.  The remaining, his boss bought then had his district AND their families over for dinner!  We took Mag & Mac (didn't want to chase heathen all night so she went to Granna & Papa's), Brett grilled, the kids rode their bikes, etc.  So nice.  Everyone was so sweet and playful with the kids.  How cool is it to like your co-workers enough to hang out with them?  His boss rocks and is a nut so we get along great.  We had dinner with them Monday,  I joined them for lunch Tuesday & we're seeing them all again for one of their kids' pool party Saturday.  What a difference.  We still can't believe how blessed we are with his job.
I may not can make anything that requires an oven, etc but check this out.  So yummy!  It's corn, red peppers, spinach, red onion, red wine vinegar, & black pepper.  I could eat the entire bowl.  And, I made it myself.  Nope, can't lie.  Brett cooked the corn.

No comments: