Labels

video (16)

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!

I love weekends.  I really love four day weekends.  I really, really love that Brett Paul's job allows him to spend them with us.  He had a little bit of work to do on Friday but worked from home in the morning and was home shortly after lunch.  I love Sysco!  We worked in the yard everyday, made three trips to Lowe's, and played, played, played.

I had to wake Maggie and Mac up Friday at 10 o'clock.  While they were snoozing, MB had complete control of the clicker.
Saturday was Alexa's 2nd birthday party.  She had a really cute party that was a "Sweet Shop" theme.  I took my camera but was busy with my three and didn't get any pics.  After her party, we headed straight to another.  Mag's friend, Ember, had hers at Bama Bounders.  Ember's momma, Lani, is one of my closet friends.  Mag had a great time.  It was her first time doing gymnastics and after watching her, I'm really glad that I had already signed her up for classes starting next week.
 
Mag and Rapunzel (Ember)


I was quite impressed with my Mag.  She hopped right up on the high beam, scooted across,and jumped off after declining any assistance.


Mac didn't quite have the skillz yet.
He did much better with a little help.
 
Mary tried the trampoline, beam, & here she is working on the floor.


Brett looks annoyed but this is actually his "smoldering" look.  I have to brag on my man.  He is just awesome.  When he is not working, he is with us.  I know for a fact that he misses it but he doesn't even golf anymore.  He spends all of his time with his fam and even attends all birthday parties with us.  The kids and I are so blessed. 
That afternoon, while Mac was napping and the girls cooled off in the pool.  Mary climbed right in with her dress on. 






What a girl.






Maggie had to have the perfect dress and accessories for cooking out and playing.  We headed to Ralph and bought some ribs and coleslaw from Robertson's.  So, so good.

Brett redid our planters on the front porch.  Actually, we worked our booties off all weekend.  We dug up old beds, planted new, planted new bushes, and revamped the back patio.  Makes it so much more fun being outside when you have pretty things to look at.
And so it begins.  And trust me that her daddy was so close by.

Yes, he's wearing a headband.  Yes, I realize that he is a boy and his hair is long.  No, I do not think it will have any long term effects on his mental stability.  No, I will not cut it until I am ready. 
I'm his momma and in the words of Bobby Brown, it's my prerogative.

He's my baby.  I know the second I cut that hair off, he'll look so much older. 



Right before she shot up to 102.  :(

Interesting way to read a bedtime story.

Mag wanted me to post this on fb so "Everyone can see how pretty my nails look."  She had the idea to go with multi-colors and picked out her own polish.  We are often painting nails at 10 or 11 at night while watching "Barefoot Contessa" or "30 Minute Meals."  Odd, I know, since I don't cook.  I enjoy watching others cook and Mag loves it.  Mag and I have to have our "time" together without the babies, ya know.

After going to work, taking Mac & Mary for a re-check of their ears (healing just fine.  MB has a virus causing the fever & ulcers in throat), & going back to work, it was time for Mag's first day of swimming lessons of the year.  Oh, at doc, Mac was not happy about being there.  Having had shots three times, last week, he was all too aware.  When the nurse entered, he yelled, "Somebody help me!"  When leaving though, "Thank, y'all!"  Back to Maggie, she did so well and had a great time.  Except for one thing.  She hates not catching on to something the first time she attempts it.  She was not happy about not being able to hold her breath.  Holding her breath.  Period.  She held it for 10 seconds, walked past me, threw up her hands, & said, "I just can't do it!"  Duh, you're human, you do not have gills!"
So, we had a great weekend despite the on and off fever.  Eh, no biggie.  I love my family and I love my country.  Memorial Day makes you think.  We have fun, play, eat, etc.  Think of how blessed we are to be born here.  We have all kinds of freedoms.  Big and small.  The one that always pops in my head, the thought of living somewhere that you have to hide the fact that you are a Christian.  Wow.  I can't imagine.  God has blessed this country with so much.  I thank Him and thank those who fought to protect those freedoms.

No comments: