Labels

video (16)

Saturday, June 11, 2011

MAY 2011 DANCE RECITAL

Since it is recital day, I thought I'd take a stroll through recitals past.
Sweet Mag in January of  2009

She loved twirling in her new ballet skirt.  See baby Mac snoozing back there?
Little darling was the cutest thing I've ever seen doing the "Peppermint Twist".  This was her first recital.  May 2009 

Hair is a lot longer here.  This is Fall 2009


"Mr. Sun."  Recital in May 2010

The day she got her costume for this year's recital.
Dress rehearsal
During dress rehearsal because, of course, you can't take pics during the real deal.  :(
This would have been really cute if the ProPix guys had not have been in my way.

Recital Day!



I can't believe how long her hair is.  She wants it to be as long as Rapunzels or Elaina's from church. 

Rockin' her pink and purple polish that matches her costume.

"No worries.  I've got this!"

No tulips but she was fine since they were pink.  She was so sweet and thanked us all night.  She also got a necklace, bracelet, and two animals.  ABJ sets up a very tempting store so convienantly located in the threatre.  This year's dance was to "iYiYiY".  Don't worry.  I had never heard of it either.  I think the teacher got a tad excited because the routine was really difficult.  It even had two formation changes.  The recital was postponed because one of the directors lost her house in the tornado.  So, we had a couple weeks off then had to come back and re-group.  In the end, Miss Molly Brooke decided it was best if she stayed onstage & slow down the tempo.  I learned the routine yesterday and went over it with her for about an hour.  Think that cleaned up a few messy spots.  In all, Maggie did an excellent job and held her on with the 5, 6, AND 7 year olds.  I couldn't be prouder of her.  Just the fact that she goes backstage without me for an hour before the show and comes out and dances in front of hundreds with no fear impresses me.  Yeah, she rocks.


Macman conked out after intermission.  I was proud of him as well.  He didn't freak about the dark or the loud music.  Mary Brooke loved it.  She danced nearly the entire time.

Can't decide if Grandpaw looks like he's waiting on his Valentine or looks like a driver waiting for someone at the gate of an airport.  Either way, creepy.


Afterwards, we went to Mugshots.  Mary acted like a little butthead because I wouldn't let her slam the blinds or grab someone's chewed gum.  Most un-relaxing meal I've had in a while.
 

 Robby is perched doing a little light reading.


Mac stayed alseep all during dinner.


Had to snag a pic of her proud daddy once we got home.