Labels

video (16)

Friday, June 10, 2011

VBS 2011: A BLESSING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RUBBLE

This year's VBS was new to all of us.  We have no building but knew we needed to be in Alberta City.  So, Jaycee Fairgrounds it was.  I'll admit, I was concerned about several things.  The heat, the kids not being contained, & possibly some not-so-nice wanderers wandering up.  But, I believe that this was one of the best ones yet.  So many commented that we should have "backyard" style vbs every year.  A constant breeze blew, kids were so engrossed in the activities that they didn't seen to notice that there were no physical boundaries, & not a one not-so-nice wanderer. 
I though this was the perfect first shot.  She's playing Jesus and praying to calm the storm.



Jake and Mrs. Walker are now best buddies.  He followed her everywhere.  He operated her electric wheelchair & I almost fell out when he started making her go up & down. 





Kris Sullivan from FBC, Mr. Don, & Mr. Tim.  Brett, the kids & I got to meet Kris last Sunday when we went door to door inviting fold to VBS.  Super nice fella.  We are so grateful to First Baptist for all the they to help.  Going door to door, supplying shirts, manpower, supplies, & great fellowship.




Mag likes a little hotdog with her mayo.

Feet painting tickles.  Mrs. Emily is one of those teachers that you will never forget.  The ability that she has to get children to understand and retain is nothing short of incredible.  Now, if Mrs. Emily & Mrs. Janet from NBDayschool ever team up...watch out, world.

Olivia washing Jesus' (Derrian) feet.




I liked MK's caption for this picture so I think I'll swipe it.  "Singers, picture takers, and mommas of 3."

Latterius has the most beautiful smile when he isn't being a nut.












Such a little cutie.








MK and I led the music.  It was awesome this year!  I especially loved the hip hop ABC song.  This year required a tad more concentration on our part.  Since we were outside, we obviously had no video to watch so we had to be on our toes.

Taking a pic of MK taking a pic.



You rarely see Oliver without something Star Wars on.  Love it.













Nicholas was on Delmarco duty this year.  Del really took to, as he called him, "my friend!"
My sweet Leila made my morning when she ran straight up to me.  She is one of my two favorite squishy, one and a half year olds.



Jake had been trying to kiss Mag for days.  Little booger took his chance and succeeded when they stopped to pose for a pic.





Happiest lame man I've ever seen.



Through generous donations, we were able to hand out brand new shoes to every child!


And blankets.


This is the sweet group from Piney Grove with all their loot.


This is where we are now.  We are still in Alberta City because that's where we need to be.  It's been a year since this whole outreach started.  The outreach that God put on Lisa's heart during vbs last year that we had no clue would turn into this.  A year of learning about these kids, sometimes wanting to choke some of them, & loving these kids.  A year of us changing and growing because of learning about and loving these kids.  Then after the tornado, frantic tracking of these kids because we do love them and they are ours.  Only by God's grace are they all still with us.  We are blessed ABC.