Labels

video (16)

Sunday, July 31, 2011

AUGUST ALREADY??



We've had a good end to July.  Hard to believe the summer is almost over.  Summer as in school is about to start, no end to the heat yet.  But, "Christmas in July" on 96.5 was so popular last weekend that they did it again this weekend!  I love it! 

I missed Maggie's last gymnastics lesson because I had a brain fart.  Was thinking Thursday, nope, it's Tuesday.  Instead, I was at MK's pre-garage sale getting lots of clothes for me and Mac.  Yay!

Trying to get everyone back on their sleep schedule for school.  Not doing well so far.

Including this for props to God, not myself.  I am a horrible reader.  So many friends read for pleasure.  I can probably name every book I've ever read.  Well, I was slacking with my bible reading.  When I would read, I would read the same sentence 5-6 times and still couldn't tell you what it said.  I started praying about it.  And guess what?  He answered it.  I've become addicted to it!  I'm comprehending and retaining!  That's definitely a God thing there.  I want to read every chance I get!  Another God thing.  Not always easy though.  There have been many occasions, I'm laying in my bed, reading, while Sprout is on and three kids are climbing on me.  I just tell God, "Okay, I'm trying but you're gonna have to help me out here."  Haha.  He doesn't make them fall into a deep sleep or anything but He has shown me that I do have the time.  Very grateful to God for answering that prayer.

We had a good business meeting Tuesday night.  So much to decide in the near future for our church.  Please pray that God shows us which way to go.  Wednesday, another super prayer meeting in the parking lot.  I'm so going to miss being out there but it can't last forever.  It will be time to "Fall back" and eventually will turn too cold.  It sure has been a blessing after April 27th.

Friday, Brett's a/c went out in his car again.  And, his door got stuck and wouldn't open.  He spent the morning at each account having to crawl in and out of the passenger side.  Gives a new perspective to "When God closes a door..."

Mac is even more obsessed with McQueen.  I asked him the other day, "Are you sleepy?"  His response: "No, I'm Wightning McQueen.  I'm a famous wacecar.  I wanna Piston Cup."  BTW, "Piston Cup" doesn't come from his mouth too clearly.  ;)





Try not getting tickled while looking at this little head during dinner.


She's not stuck, just taking a moment to watch t.v.


For years, Brett and I have argued over sides of the bed.  I change my mind every year or so.  Well, when pregnant, I want the side next to the bathroom.  Now, we argue over who has to sleep next to Mac.  I won this night.  I know, looks super sweet and cuddly.


But this is what happens.  Then you have to sleep with one eye open because he'll scoot off the bed.  More sleep adventures or lack there of, click here and here.


Lightning went MIA for a while.  Poor Macman was lost.  He walked around saying, "Anybody seen Lightning?"  All was well once he was located in the bottom of the toy box. 

Maggie wanted to throw a surprise party for her daddy because "he's such a good daddy to us."  She thought he needed a flag in his office.  AND, I made muffins.  Just mix milk and muffin mix.  Who knew?!  Maggie did correct me when I started stirring with a spoon.  She said I needed to use a whisk.


Grandpaw taught her how to blow up balloons a while back.  That skill was put to good use.  Also, I found that I could blow up balloons.  Something that I have never been able to do until now.


According to Mac, it was imperative that the "baby" balloon be next to the "daddy" balloon.


We ended up having to tie "baby and daddy" together.  Mag did a great job with the decorating.

Daddy was totally surprised.

Doing a little reading to her little sis.


(chorus of angels) Old jeans that haven't seen the light of day in years!  Only the glow of a fluorescent bulb.  Love some good ole Levi's.


Mary thought the tomatoes needed to be on the floor.

Sunday, we headed to B'ham for Robby and Veronica's birthday party.  When arriving it came a torrential downpour.  Most of us were still in regular clothes, mind you.  We were freezing, Mac was freaking because of the thunder.  Good times had by all.  Haha!  Poor kids had half their party rained out but still had a good time, I think.  They got to stay at the pool later to make up for it. 
Happy 9th b'day to Robby and 7th to Veronica!




We headed back to try to catch some of the carnival at church.  Hayneville Baptist set up ponies, bouncy things, and much more in our parking lot.  The folks that keep showing up and working, praying, providing outreach/entertainment/food is overwhelming.  Pastor said that this litte church only has about 130 attending Sunday School.  Over 100 made the trip to Tuscaloosa!



All the kids slept on the way back but we had to awake Mag to ride a horse.


Mary crawled up on the table to help herself to a little oatmeal after her nap.  I walked in and she said, "Mmmm, lunch!"

And he just falls asleep wherever he gets comfy. Pardon that big stain on the floor. It's siblings are scattered throughout the living room. I stand corrected. Brett Paul just read this and informed me that he's already scrubbed that stain. "What a man, what a man, what a mac, what a mighty good man." - Salt and Pepa

This little lady knows how to get what she wants.

 
I'm off to do some more laundry.  BTW, tomorrow is August 1st.  That means that it is time to start planning some birthday parties for our oldest two.    September babies mean August parties.  A little something called Alabama football is too difficult to work around.  Actually, I'm behind according to...well, myself.  And, being that tomorrow is August 1st, that means that Tuesday is our anniversary! 
Happy Early Anniversary to Us, Brett Paul!

Oh!  One more thing!  If you've seen the commercial for "It Takes the Cake" on WVUA news and saw a handsome devil and thought he looked familiar, well you were correct.  It's Brett!

No comments: