Labels

video (16)

Saturday, July 9, 2011

FAB FRIDAYS

Brett has to go to Calera two days a month and they are always on Fridays.  On those days, he has to leave the house by 7:30.  I'm off on Fridays so those days, it's just me and the kiddos.  I love when they all sleep late enough that I get to go outside, water the plants, and do some weeding.  Weeding is so relaxing to me and always makes me think of the relation of weeds & sin.  So many metaphors.  We had a wonderful day together.  Did a little coloring on the patio, wrote some notes to some folks, and even got to take a little nap.  And Fridays, Mag gets to pick what's for lunch and apparently, Fridays are for Chong Wah.  Pretty convenient too since I need to swing by the bank anyway.  I love fun days with my youngins.

Of course, Mary was the first to awake and started the morning off by cleaning out my purse.



I felt so domestic.  Mag and I made spaghetti to have for supper and Mac some tea, upon request.  We had so much help too.  At one point, MB climbed up and turned on the microwave. 


Barefoot Maggie (haha, get it?) wanted to make banana pops like they made on "Sid the Science Kid."

They were really pretty good.  However, if one of your kids leaves one on the carpet and it melts...it looks like a giant booger.  "I wiped it on Chandler's coat and got the heck out of there!" - Joey


MB was afraid someone would snatch hers so she hauled tail to the smallest hiding place she could find.





I taught Mag, "Ball in the Hall." Such a right of passage. And, this is the same exact ball that has always been used for this game. I bought it for Harrison when he was two from Big B. Hello... Big B!! That's got to be some sort of record for the longest lifespan of a plastic ball. "Ball in the Hall" is a riveting game which Mag adapted to well. It wasn't quite the same as playing with Harrison and then later teaching Hayden but good in a different way. Think Robby and Veronica got to play a time or two as well. Mary was a good substitute for Oscar. Oscar was our beloved family dachshund of 13 years. He had a love/hate relationship with the game and made it that much more challenging. And Mary may or may not have almost gotten whiplash when pegged directly in the forehead.


Now, it's Saturday! Family time and headed out to another party. BTW, at 10 am, it's already too hot to cut grass. I almost puked. But, it's done, Brett weedeated and edged and the yard is looking tight again. For a few days at least.








   

1 comment:

mary kathryn @ mathews family happenings said...

I just snorted out loud after that Friends comment. And I'm super impressed that you cut the grass. SUPER. Hope you had fun at the party! Hate we missed it!